Our COVID-19 Update
As a reminder, you will be contacted prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We may have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step. Below are of some of the enhanced precautions we will be utilizing to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures:
2. Maintain distancing in the reception area between patient and for essential caregivers or parents of minors if they cannot wait outside the office.
3. Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. 4. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the office.
5. Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
6. We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
7. Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
8. Require hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
9. Introduce an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
10. Record temperature and oxygen level of every patient upon entering the office.
11. Record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
12. Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
13. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
14. Ambient air management with HEPA air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
15. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be missed.
16. New personal protection equipment like scrubs, gowns, face shields and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
17. Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures, such as increased use of dryshield and rubber dam.
18. Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
19. Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
20. Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
21. Providing teledentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
Thank you for your continued confidence, we look forward to seeing you at your next appointment!
© 2021 Marc Lai DDS. All rights reserved.